Thursday, August 23, 2018

23 August 2018


The garden is about done for summer so I let the goats in to help clean up the weeds. The greenhouse build has been stressing me out for a while now. It's completion signifies a big commitment from me. It's getting there. This is how I'm going to learn how to grow food. I took a note from a young adult author and wrote a couple of thank you letters to some teachers once. One especially prescient teacher wrote back and told me never to stop learning and that I'm always teaching. To me, it sounds like the best teachers are the life long learners. My new class is the laboratory component to America's Green Revolution. Yeah, we want our food to be grown in an environmentally friendly way. Of course, we want the Food Pantry to hand out fresh whole foods. What if it only looks good in theory? Who could make this work? I'm confident, that if anyone can figure it out, it's me. It takes a lot of work and this journal entry is me "doubling down" on this farm once again. It feels like we've drifted too far away from our food. Maybe this is my first new lesson: growing food takes work.

No comments:

My Blog List