Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Work Itself

It’s still winter here and I miss the late afternoon heat.  I’m ready to mow dry asparagus and level out that garden for the spring.  I’ve got four nannies due in March, that means more cheese soon.  The pigeon flock is really growing; I’ve got 12 now!  Egg production is picking back up.  Scooter is going to be the Protector soon.

A friend mentioned the concept of a higher power to me today.  In AA, it helps to keep in mind a “something” greater than yourself.  I’m sure you can think of many.  I’ve got two for you to consider: the Group and the Work Itself.  I don’t know how you’ll define your group.  I know mine.  If I quit typing, I begin to hear Lauren’s steady sleep-breathing.  I can’t join her just yet.  I’m thinking about the Work Itself and that’s my mistake.  The Work Itself can only be done.

No comments:

My Blog List